The process of web development is often complex and challenging for the clients as there are too many aspects that need to be taken under consideration. If you are not a coder, you will have to find a web development agency that will do all the job for you. Besides, you will need to build an effective communication with your verdor to make sure you both are on the same page. But when you finally find the perfect web design company, you may wonder why it takes so long to create a website. Is it possible to do it faster? In this article, we will try to answer this question and talk about steps that should be taken to build a website.
Just as our fingerprints, each project is one-of-a-kind and presents a number of challenges. At the same time, the process of website development could be generally separated into the following stages:
1. Request for Proposal
Say, you have found a vendor. What to do next? We recommend you to prepare RFP containing the following information:
- The project’s brief outline
- Specify your target auditory, including their demographics, your brand perceptions, etc
- The nearest competitors. Browse through their websites and create a list of elements or features you would want to “borrow” from them
- Your business goals. What do you want to achieve with your website?
- Your message. That is what will motivate and attract your customers to purchase from you.
- Any additional data such as branding issues, preferred design style, technologies, etc