The Web is evolving rapidly. Currently, it is a blank canvas that allows building almost anything. More and more companies enter the field, trying to draw the customers attention by inventing something different. New technologies and techniques appear in just a snap of a finger, new internet trends come and go. Recently, the web is a decent platform for sales, education, leisure, and socializing. However, it is still not being used fully. In order to remain one step ahead of the recent web trends, consider learning the following:
- AR/VR. VR-optimized sites provide huge possibilities for interactive storytelling. That is why Virtual and Augmented Reality is without a doubt, the next big issue in design that would be in drastic demand for professionals in the years to come.
- 3D modeling. Vivid animations that bring typical sites to the new level of user perception, breathtaking product effects for online shops and stunning navigational patterns. 3D modeling is quick to learn but difficult to master. However, this skill is recommended for web designers.
- Motion Graphics. In other words, when you make static objects come alive. At the moment this term is vague as never before. It is similar to cartoons but doesn’t require the by-frame drawing. Motion design is rushing into the web design industry as a new tool behind promo clips and presentations.
The Art Director is the individual who seeks the young talents, molds them into teams and helps them grow. Many people think that art directors manage projects. It is not true. Actually, they manage people. A web design guru should know how to deal with other web design specialists and gather them around him or her. That is why art directors are usually senior designers with extensive experience of collaborative, complex projects. He or she should embrace the following:
- Human resources. Finding the right performers for web design projects is crucial in this sphere.
- Team building. In order to achieve the common goal, all designers should play as a team. So a full-stack design guru must learn to distribute the tasks and know how to maneuver through different personalities and tempers.
- Management. It is all about organizing people. A senior web designer should know how to measure results, set tasks, and organize people effectively.